This version of the Leadership Pinellas application is via direct invitation from the Executive Director. Please complete the application by July 8, 2022.
All fields marked with * are required and must be filled.
Leadership Pinellas is focused on developing and enhancing community leadership by providing a diverse group of emerging and existing leaders with the opportunity to increase their community knowledge, civic network and perpetuate their services to the community. We pursue a community rich in leaders who are well informed, committed and passionately engaged in creating a vital, positive community for current and future generations.
- You serve in leadership role at your place of work, within a volunteer organization or are a community volunteer of influence within the community.
- You display evidence of mature judgment and exceptional leadership qualities.
- You have demonstrated a strong interest in and commitment to the community through significant and sustained voluntary leadership roles.
- You are dedicated to utilizing your leadership abilities through service to bring about long-term benefits to the community.
- You have a strong desire to grow personally and affect change.
- You are willing to invest the time and energy necessary to complete the program.
WHY LEADERSHIP PINELLAS?
- We are eager to have participants from across Pinellas County.
- We welcome all leaders in Pinellas and are inclusive of all races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations and gender identifications.
- We seek out and nurture leaders from business, government, non-profit, and volunteer sectors.
- We have no age restrictions.
- We desire to help you cultivate your potential for greater impact in our region now and in the future.
- We are committed to empowering your leadership through community service.
2022-2023 Program Dates and Focus
The Opening Retreat is mandatory. You will not be eligible to participate in the class if you are unable to attend the retreat in its entirety.
Opening Retreat: Aug. 12-13, 2022
Class members may miss one program day and still be eligible to graduate.
2022 Program Days: Sept. 14, Oct. 12, Nov. 9, Dec. 14
2023 Program Days: Jan. 11, Feb. 8, March 8, April 12, May 10
Tallahassee Trip: Dates TBD
Leadership Pinellas Participants
The target audience for participation is the next generation of leaders. Our curriculum is designed to motivate participants to identify ways they can make a difference within the community. As reflected above the Opening Class Retreat in August and the Tallahassee trip are mandatory and participants are expected to participate in all program days. If necessary, a class member may miss one day and still graduate. If a participant misses two days, they will be required to make up one of the two days prior to graduating to alumni status.
- Type your short essay answers in a Word doc, then transfer them to the application to eliminate the possibility of having to re-type your application.
- You should get a confirmation email indicating that we received your application after you click “submit.” If you do not receive confirmation, please submit it again. You can email [email protected] to confirm.
- The application deadline is Friday, July 8, 2022.