I hope you are enjoying your summer, family vacations, and spending time with your loved ones. I know it’s a busy time for you, and it’s been a busy time for your LP Board as well.
July is one of the most exciting months of the year for LP as we ramp up the new year and new class. This year’s LP Board and volunteers have already been hard at work for you. Let me highlight some of the things we have accomplished just over the last month:
- We held the New Alumni Orientation and Social attended by 50+ LP alumni led by Jennifer McGrail ’99 to help everyone understand how to best get involved this year.
- The Class of 2018 presented their class project charities, RCS and The Beth Dillinger Foundation, with monies raised from their third project, the Leadership Pinellas Longball Classic Golf Tournament of almost $13,000 to help impact hunger in Pinellas County.
- We held our annual Leadership Pinellas Board Retreat and passed a Leadership Pinellas 5 Year Strategic Plan led by Kimberly Berfield ‘97.
- We held our Annual Past President’s Lunch.
- We held our Program Planning Meeting led by Seema Ramroop ’17.
- We have LP socials planned for the year (included in this Leader Reader), thanks to Matt Campbell ’15. We’re ready to kick off the first one on Aug. 5.
- We will have four post program day socials this year with set dates so you can get them on your calendars.
As we embark on the new year, experience shows it will take more than 150 volunteers to plan, lead and orchestrate the unique experiences and leadership lessons of each day. Thank you in advance for sharing your talents to make this a successful year. If you didn’t fill out the interest indicator and want to get involved just email me at [email protected] to get plugged in.
I am grateful to our Selection Committee this year, co-chaired by Tom Jamison ’17 and Georgetta Doyle ’05. The committee included Colleen Chaney ’18, John Kamkutis ‘03, Duggan Cooley ‘07, Nadine Nickeson ‘98 and Ted Frantzis ‘78. Thank you all for a job well done.
We also appreciate the work of our Scholarship Committee this year of Cary Stiff ‘81, Bruce Griffin ‘15 and Pat Craven ‘15. Thank you.
A huge thank you and shout out to Seema Ramroop ’17 who has led our LP Sponsorship efforts for the 2019 year. We have more than tripled the support from last year. If you have questions or know someone who would benefit, please reach out to me or Seema Ramroop to learn more about these opportunities. We will be launching a Sponsorship Recognition event at the end of the year as another way of thanking our strategic partners.
We also have our wonderful LP Retreat Committee, chaired by Felicia Donnelly ‘05. They are working through the summer to bring another outstanding leadership and learning experience to this year’s class. We couldn’t do it without the support, expertise, resources and dedication of Andrea Henning ’15 and Dev Pathik ’11. When you see them, please thank them. This year you will see some enhancements in our skit process. Save the date and join us on Aug. 24 at 6 p.m. for skits and the alumni/class social to follow. There will be opportunities to mingle with the class and reunite with fellow alumni. Look for the RSVP coming soon.
Matt Campbell ’15, who is serving again this year as our Social Chair, has lots of different social outings planned. Our first event is Aug. 5 for an LP boating day at Three Rooker Island. Look for the details on how to participate even if you don’t own a boat. Let’s enjoy some summer fun in the sun.
Finally, thank you to all who have offered their support and to those who have already volunteered to help this year. Until next month when we will officially announce this year’s LP and YLP Classes, thank you in advance for your leadership and commitment – it’s going to be a great year!
In your service,
Cyndee Haydon ‘08